Chapter 7 – Build Your Network
According to the late Jim Rohn, you are the average of the 5 people you hang around with the most. That doesn’t mean you have to completely cut yourself off from your Dream-killers, but it does mean you need to find a network of like-minded individuals that will uplift and encourage you. Being a Unipreneur in your home doesn’t mean you have to do everything alone! To speed up your journey and hopefully make it less painful, find someone who has already traveled the path and achieved what you want to do, a qualified mentor that shares your values. Choose only one mentor at a time, two at the most. Stick with them for at least six months to a year. Laser focus on what is taught and then boldly apply it in your life. Regardless of your situation at home, your positive associates can help propel your toward your dream.
Action Steps For Your Passion:
1. Carefully observe your circle of friends and weed out the negative ones who drain you.
2. Find and connect with people who share your Passion. This can be in person, online, or both.
3. Evaluate your relationships with family members. Limit time with those who drag you down. When it is necessary to be in their presence, find positive things to counteract their negative conversations.
4. Locate a mentor who can help guide you to the next level of growth. Make sure you share the same values and that you “click” with one another.
Action Steps For Your Relationships:
1. Recommit yourself to complete fidelity to your significant other. Don’t get in a situation that might lead to unfaithfulness.
2. Spend time with your dream-killer doing something neither one of you has done before. Decide together what you will do or where you will go. The discussion can bring you closer and so can the activity itself. Afterward, have another discussion to evaluate the experience. What did you love about it? What would you change?